I focus on Women’s Mental Health, including adolescents 15 and up. Our culture perpetuates the idea that women must always strive to be something other than they are: more aggressive, less aggressive, younger looking, less emotional, thinner, stronger, more creative and on and on. The quest for this "perfection" can cause anxiety and a lack of self-love. Every woman deserves a space where she is enough, a space where she can simply be. My goal is to help you create and maintain a loving, accepting relationship with your awesome self - to help you simply be, in and out of the therapy office.
Common reasons for seeking therapy:
- To cope with a major life change (relationship status, pregnancy, career shift etc.)
- To learn to quiet self-criticism and judgment
- To heal from trauma
- To find support for dealing with anxiety or feelings of depression
- For insight into relationship dynamics
- To invest in personal growth and/or live a more fulfilling life
- You are in a helping profession and feeling the effects of compassion fatigue and/or secondary trauma (nurses, social workers, teachers etc.)
Payment is made at the beginning of each session, or immediately after session if you have a credit card on file.
While I do not currently accept insurance, I can provide you with a statement to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Please check with your insurance company to determine the rate at which you are eligible to be reimbursed.
I require 24 hour notice for all cancellations. If a session is canceled within less than 24 hours the full price of the session will be charged.